Watching the Super Bowl is one of America’s greatest pastimes, but what if you don’t have cable TV? With over 200 million people around the world watching the game online, you don’t need to miss a minute of the action.
The Super Bowl is one of the year’s biggest events; for many, it’s a compulsory cable TV event. But with so many great choices available when it comes to watching the big game sans cable, why settle for just one channel?
This article will explore some of the best ways to watch the Super Bowl without cable and give tips on getting started.
How to Watch the Super Bowl Without Cable
There are plenty of ways to watch the Super Bowl live stream without cable; if you have an antenna, you can even watch it without a TV! Here are six ways to watch the Super Bowl without cable:
1. CBS Sports App
If you have a CBS Sports account, you can watch the game live on the app. You’ll need to create a free account before watching, but after that, it’s easy to follow along. Just click on the “Super Bowl LVII” tab and select your team. You’ll also be able to catch highlights and analyze all the action as it happens.
2. YouTube TV
YouTube TV is a great way to watch any game, including the Super Bowl. You can sign up for a subscription with either a traditional or non-traditional cable provider. After you sign up, search for “YouTube TV” on your streaming devices (Roku, Apple TV, Xbox One, Chromecast, etc.) and hit “Subscribe.” Then, use your login information from your old cable provider to get started.
You can stream the game live on Twitch if you have an FireStick, an AppleTV 4th generation, or a newer generation. Just head over to twitchtv.com/superbowl and click on “Watch Now” under “Featured Games.”
Listen to it on the radio. If you can’t watch the game, you can still listen to it on the radio. Just tune in to your local sports radio station to catch all the action.
5. Streaming Service
Another way is to use a streaming service like Hulu or Netflix. These services will allow you to stream the game live, and many of them offer add-on packages that include channels like ESPN in addition to their main service.
How to Watch the Super Bowl Without Cable: The Pros and Cons
There are many ways to watch the Super Bowl without cable, and each has its own pros and cons.
- The simplest way is to use an over-the-air (OTA) antenna to watch the game.
- This is free, and you can do it with any TV.
- However, this method has some limitations. First, not all stations will carry the game. And second, you may need help getting a good signal in some areas.
- The best way to watch the Super Bowl without cable is to subscribe to a streaming service like PlayStation Vue or Sling TV.
- These services cost $40-50 per month, but they offer various channels that include the game.
- Both services have basic add-on packages, including channels like ESPN, so you can watch the game without paying extra. However, these services also have some limitations. For example, they only work if you have a PlayStation or a Sling TV device. And they only sometimes have local channels in certain areas, so you may have to pay extra for those channels if you want them.
In conclusion, if you cannot or do not want to subscribe to cable TV, there are many ways to watch Super Bowl LVII without it. Some people watch the game live on network television, while others watch it online. Whatever your preference, Super Bowl will be a great opportunity to see some of the best football in the world.
- Related: How to Watch Super Bowl on IPTV