It’s Week 7 in the NFL and that means that it’s time to set our lineups here on this fine Sunday. While injuries and bye weeks have decimated fantasy rosters everywhere, fantasy football keeps on rolling, and we need to know who to start to help us win our respective matchups.
The PFN Fantasy Staff — comprised of Kyle Yates, Kyle Soppe, Jason Katz, and Derek Tate — have put their minds together to come up with our consensus rankings going into this difficult week at the TE position! Where do players like Jonnu Smith, Cole Kmet, and Kyle Pitts land in the rankings?
Looking to make a trade in your fantasy league? Having trouble deciding who to start and who to sit? Setting DFS lineups? Check out PFN’s Free Fantasy Football Trade Analyzer, Start/Sit Optimizer, and DFS Lineup Optimizer to help you make the right decision!
Which TE Should You Start in Fantasy Football?
More Positional Rankings: QB | RB | WR | DST | K
1) Travis Kelce | KC (vs. LAC)
2) Mark Andrews | BAL (vs. DET)
3) Sam LaPorta | DET (at BAL)
4) T.J. Hockenson | MIN (vs. SF)
5) George Kittle | SF (at MIN)
6) Evan Engram | JAX (at NO)
7) Dallas Goedert | PHI (vs. MIA)
8) Darren Waller | NYG (vs. WAS)
9) Kyle Pitts | ATL (at TB)
10) Luke Musgrave | GB (at DEN)
11) Logan Thomas | WAS (at NYG)
12) Cole Kmet | CHI (vs. LV)
13) Jonnu Smith | ATL (at TB)
14) Michael Mayer | LV (at CHI)
15) Gerald Everett | LAC (at KC)
16) Taysom Hill | NO (vs. JAX)
17) David Njoku | CLE (at IND)
18) Tyler Higbee | LAR (vs. PIT)
19) Zach Ertz | ARI (at SEA)
20) Dalton Kincaid | BUF (at NE)
21) Hunter Henry | NE (vs. BUF)
22) Cade Otton | TB (vs. ATL)
23) Dawson Knox | BUF (at NE)
24) Noah Fant | SEA (vs. ARI)
25) Kylen Granson | IND (vs. CLE)
26) Trey McBride | ARI (at SEA)
27) Mike Gesicki | NE (vs. BUF)
28) Donald Parham Jr. | LAC (at KC)
29) Durham Smythe | MIA (at PHI)
30) Adam Trautman | DEN (vs. GB)
31) Noah Gray | KC (vs. LAC)
32) Colby Parkinson | SEA (vs. ARI)
33) Will Dissly | SEA (vs. ARI)
34) Andrew Ogletree | IND (vs. CLE)
35) Foster Moreau | NO (vs. JAX)
36) Austin Hooper | LV (at CHI)
37) Josh Oliver | MIN (vs. SF)
38) Robert Tonyan | CHI (vs. LV)
39) Brock Wright | DET (at BAL)
40) Mo Alie-Cox | IND (vs. CLE)
41) Connor Heyward | PIT (at LAR)
42) Harrison Bryant | CLE (at IND)
43) Brenton Strange | JAX (at NO)
44) Josiah Deguara | GB (at DEN)
45) John Bates | WAS (at NYG)
The Top TEs To Start in Week 7
Luke Musgrave, TE, Green Bay Packers (at DEN)
Analysis by Jason Katz | Unless you have Travis Kelce, Mark Andrews, TJ Hockenson, or Sam LaPorta, it gets difficult to recommend a tight end to start.
Luke Musgrave played 69% of the snaps in the game before the Packers’ Week 6 bye. He caught six of seven targets for 34 yards — I will gladly take that at tight end.
This week, the Packers get a Broncos defense that sees 26.5% of its total receiving yards allowed go to the tight end position. Playing the Chiefs certainly skews this number, but the Broncos are allowing the most PPG to the position. Musgrave is a borderline TE1 this week.
Kyle Pitts, TE, Atlanta Falcons
Analysis by Derek Tate | Is it officially time to believe in Kyle Pitts again? The answer is still a little unclear, but his production over the last two weeks has certainly put him back into starting consideration for the TE position every week.
Desmond Ridder has put up back-to-back 300-yard passing performances, which has helped Pitts catch 11 passes for 130 yards and a score over the last two games.
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers will present a tougher challenge than the Washington Commanders and Houston Texans have over the past two weeks, but Pitts is certainly starting to showcase the elite upside he has at the position with Ridder playing better under center.
Listen to the PFN Fantasy Podcast
Listen to the PFN Fantasy Podcast! Click the embedded player below to listen, or you can find the PFN Fantasy Podcast on iTunes, Spotify, and all major podcast platforms. Be sure to subscribe and leave us a five-star review! Rather watch instead? Check out the PFN Fantasy Podcast on our Fantasy YouTube channel.