It’s Week 7 in the NFL and that means that it’s time to set our lineups here on this fine Sunday. While injuries and bye weeks have decimated fantasy rosters everywhere, fantasy football keeps on rolling, and we need to know who to start to help us win our respective matchups.
The PFN Fantasy Staff — comprised of Kyle Yates, Kyle Soppe, Jason Katz, and Derek Tate — has put their minds together to come up with our consensus rankings going into this difficult week at the RB position. Where do players like Jahmyr Gibbs, D’Onta Foreman, and Zach Evans land?
Looking to make a trade in your fantasy league? Having trouble deciding who to start and who to sit? Setting DFS lineups? Check out PFN’s Free Fantasy Football Trade Analyzer, Start/Sit Optimizer, and DFS Lineup Optimizer to help you make the right decision!
Which RBs Should You Start in Fantasy Football?
More Positional Rankings: QB | WR | TE | DST | K
1) Kenneth Walker III | SEA (vs. ARI)
2) Austin Ekeler | LAC (at KC)
3) Bijan Robinson | ATL (at TB)
4) Christian McCaffrey | SF (at MIN)
5) Josh Jacobs | LV (at CHI)
6) Travis Etienne Jr. | JAX (at NO)
7) D’Andre Swift | PHI (vs. MIA)
8) Saquon Barkley | NYG (vs. WAS)
9) Isiah Pacheco | KC (vs. LAC)
10) Alvin Kamara | NO (vs. JAX)
11) Raheem Mostert | MIA (at PHI)
12) Brian Robinson Jr. | WAS (at NYG)
13) Aaron Jones | GB (at DEN)
14) James Cook | BUF (at NE)
15) Jerome Ford | CLE (at IND)
16) Jonathan Taylor | IND (vs. CLE)
17) Jahmyr Gibbs | DET (at BAL)
18) Rachaad White | TB (vs. ATL)
19) Rhamondre Stevenson | NE (vs. BUF)
20) Alexander Mattison | MIN (vs. SF)
21) Javonte Williams | DEN (vs. GB)
22) Zack Moss | IND (vs. CLE)
23) Jaylen Warren | PIT (at LAR)
24) Jaleel McLaughlin | DEN (vs. GB)
25) D’Onta Foreman | CHI (vs. LV)
26) Gus Edwards | BAL (vs. DET)
27) Najee Harris | PIT (at LAR)
28) Kareem Hunt | CLE (at IND)
29) Tyler Allgeier | ATL (at TB)
30) AJ Dillon | GB (at DEN)
31) Justice Hill | BAL (vs. DET)
32) Keaontay Ingram | ARI (at SEA)
33) Latavius Murray | BUF (at NE)
34) Ezekiel Elliott | NE (vs. BUF)
35) Jamaal Williams | NO (vs. JAX)
36) Craig Reynolds | DET (at BAL)
37) Zach Evans | LAR (vs. PIT)
38) Jeff Wilson Jr. | MIA (at PHI)
39) Antonio Gibson | WAS (at NYG)
40) Elijah Mitchell | SF (at MIN)
41) Emari Demercado | ARI (at SEA)
42) Jerick McKinnon | KC (vs. LAC)
43) Jordan Mason | SF (at MIN)
44) Kenneth Gainwell | PHI (vs. MIA)
45) Joshua Kelley | LAC (at KC)
46) Cam Akers | MIN (vs. SF)
47) Clyde Edwards-Helaire | KC (vs. LAC)
48) Kendre Miller | NO (vs. JAX)
49) Zach Charbonnet | SEA (vs. ARI)
50) Salvon Ahmed | MIA (at PHI)
51) Samaje Perine | DEN (vs. GB)
52) Tank Bigsby | JAX (at NO)
53) Darrell Henderson Jr. | LAR (vs. PIT)
54) Damien Williams | ARI (at SEA)
55) Ke’Shawn Vaughn | TB (vs. ATL)
56) Matt Breida | NYG (vs. WAS)
57) Royce Freeman | LAR (vs. PIT)
58) Darrynton Evans | CHI (vs. LV)
59) Zamir White | LV (at CHI)
60) Boston Scott | PHI (vs. MIA)
61) Eric Gray | NYG (vs. WAS)
62) Cordarrelle Patterson | ATL (at TB)
63) Chris Rodriguez Jr. | WAS (at NYG)
64) Kyle Juszczyk | SF (at MIN)
65) Travis Homer | CHI (vs. LV)
66) Myles Gaskin | LAR (vs. PIT)
67) Keaton Mitchell | BAL (vs. DET)
68) DeeJay Dallas | SEA (vs. ARI)
69) Sean Tucker | TB (vs. ATL)
70) Ameer Abdullah | LV (at CHI)
The Top RBs To Start in Week 7
Jerome Ford, Cleveland Browns (at IND)
Analysis by Jason Katz | I am not sure what the consensus is on Jerome Ford. There isn’t much discourse surrounding him like other running backs. Are fantasy managers happy with him? Do they view him as a clear weekly starter? I don’t know.
What I do know is they absolutely should. Ford is averaging a very respectable 13.1 fantasy points per game. He is the RB19 on the season (by points per game) among backs with at least three games played.
MORE: Fantasy News Tracker
The Browns get the Indianapolis Colts this week. The Colts are allowing 23.7 PPG to running backs, the 10th-most in the league. While this is largely because they’ve allowed seven rushing touchdowns, this is still a nice spot for Ford.
Even though the Browns are on the road, the Colts are starting Gardner Minshew, who has been prone to turning the ball over. As a result, this game should stay competitive, allowing the Browns to stick to the run game.
Kareem Hunt was more involved last week, but make no mistake about it, Ford remains the lead back. He is an excellent RB2 this week.
Josh Jacobs, Las Vegas Raiders (at CHI)
Josh Jacobs delivered a solid performance in Week 6, but it was the opportunity totals that caught the eye. The veteran RB had 30 opportunities — targets and carries combined — and that’s what fantasy managers need to be chasing after.
Now, in a week where some key RBs are on bye, Jacobs is a rock-solid play in a plus matchup against the Chicago Bears. Start him without hesitation.
Listen to the PFN Fantasy Podcast
Listen to the PFN Fantasy Podcast! Click the embedded player below to listen, or you can find the PFN Fantasy Podcast on iTunes, Spotify, and all major podcast platforms. Be sure to subscribe and leave us a five-star review! Rather watch instead? Check out the PFN Fantasy Podcast on our Fantasy YouTube channel.