The 2023 NFL season has decided to challenge fantasy football managers in Week 7 with six teams on a bye week.
How do the bye weeks and injuries impact the TE rankings landscape for players like Logan Thomas, Mark Andrews, and others? Let’s find out!
Looking to make a trade in your fantasy league? Having trouble deciding who to start and who to sit? Setting DFS lineups? Check out PFN’s Free Fantasy Football Trade Analyzer, Start/Sit Optimizer, and DFS Lineup Optimizer to help you make the right decision!
Which TE Should You Start in Fantasy Football?
More Positional Rankings From Tate: QB | RB | WR
1) Travis Kelce | KC (vs. LAC)
2) Mark Andrews | BAL (vs. DET)
3) Sam LaPorta | DET (at BAL)
4) T.J. Hockenson | MIN (vs. SF)
5) Evan Engram | JAX (at NO)
6) George Kittle | SF (at MIN)
7) Dallas Goedert | PHI (vs. MIA)
8) Darren Waller | NYG (vs. WAS)
9) Logan Thomas | WAS (at NYG)
10) Kyle Pitts | ATL (at TB)
11) Luke Musgrave | GB (at DEN)
12) Cole Kmet | CHI (vs. LV)
13) Michael Mayer | LV (at CHI)
14) Jonnu Smith | ATL (at TB)
15) Gerald Everett | LAC (at KC)
16) Zach Ertz | ARI (at SEA)
17) Taysom Hill | NO (vs. JAX)
18) David Njoku | CLE (at IND)
19) Tyler Higbee | LAR (vs. PIT)
20) Dalton Kincaid | BUF (at NE)
21) Cade Otton | TB (vs. ATL)
22) Hunter Henry | NE (vs. BUF)
23) Noah Fant | SEA (vs. ARI)
24) Dawson Knox | BUF (at NE)
25) Kylen Granson | IND (vs. CLE)
26) Trey McBride | ARI (at SEA)
27) Durham Smythe | MIA (at PHI)
28) Mike Gesicki | NE (vs. BUF)
29) Donald Parham Jr. | LAC (at KC)
30) Adam Trautman | DEN (vs. GB)
31) Noah Gray | KC (vs. LAC)
The Top TEs To Start in Week 7
Kyle Pitts, Atlanta Falcons
Is it officially time to believe in Kyle Pitts again? The answer is still a little unclear, but his production over the last two weeks has certainly put him back into starting consideration for the TE position on a weekly basis.
MORE: Fantasy Week 7 TE Start/Sit
Desmond Ridder has put up back-to-back 300-yard passing performances, which has helped Pitts catch 11 passes for 130 yards and a score over the last two games.
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers will present a tougher challenge than the Washington Commanders and Houston Texans have over the past two weeks, but Pitts is certainly starting to showcase the elite upside he has at the position with Ridder playing better under center.
Michael Mayer, Las Vegas Raiders
If you are one of the many victims of a brutal bye week schedule or injuries at the TE position, then you may want to take a closer look at the Las Vegas Raiders rookie TE Michael Mayer in Week 7.
Mayer saw a career-high in snaps, targets, receptions, and receiving yards in the Week 6 win against the New England Patriots.
Although his QB situation isn’t ideal at the moment, he does have a favorable matchup against a Chicago Bears defense that has allowed an average of 10.5 fantasy points per game this season.
If you are in search of a streaming option at the tight end position, Mayer is a solid play on a week where options are very limited.
Listen to the PFN Fantasy Podcast
Listen to the PFN Fantasy Podcast! Click the embedded player below to listen, or you can find the PFN Fantasy Podcast on iTunes, Spotify, and all major podcast platforms. Be sure to subscribe and leave us a five-star review! Rather watch instead? Check out the PFN Fantasy Podcast on our Fantasy YouTube channel.