Kamari Lassiter is the next Georgia defensive back to be a potentially high selection in April. Could he be a first-round pick in the 2024 NFL Draft? Does his scouting report read like a top-32 selection in April?
Kamari Lassiter Draft Profile and Measurements
- Height: 6’0″
- Weight: 180
- Position: Cornerback
- School: Georgia
- Current Year: Junior
Lassiter was born in Savannah, Georgia. The Georgia cornerback was a consensus four-star prospect coming from American Christian Academy in Tuscaloosa, Alabama. Although ESPN did not hand him a national ranking, 247Sports and Rivals had him outside of the top 175 players in the nation.
MORE: Free NFL Mock Draft Simulator With Trades
However, he played immediately upon arriving on campus. Lassiter was a special teams player and reserve cornerback as a true freshman. He started in all 15 games as a sophomore and was named to the All-SEC team as a rising junior.
Kamari Lassiter Scouting Report
- Quick trigger in zone
- Passes routes off easily in match
- Protects the post as backside Cover 3 CB
- Gnat-like transition and recovery ability
- Good-to-great long speed
- Quick downhill trigger vs. screens
- Strong play through the hands when unable to get head around at catch point
- Good finisher despite lean frame
- Physicality at the line of scrimmage is apparent. Dictates route stems with ferocity.
- Can be too passive protecting downfield (opens hips early and allows out to separate)
- Handsy after five-yard NFL contact window and will grab if compromised
- Can get caught peaking and lose downfield double moves in zone match
- Will be overwhelmed by physical runners at the next level because of his lean frame
Current Draft Projection and Summary
Lassiter’s size and lack of high-end athleticism could land him in the Day 2 range despite clearly possessing Round 1 ability in spurts. With the rise of two-high defenses and his comfort in Cover 3, his ability to survive downfield isn’t really a significant question.
His schematic intelligence makes him a fit for most defenses at the next level. Despite being an intelligent and capable defender, his athletic limitations will likely keep him from elevating to the level of top-tier cornerbacks around the league.
NFL Draft Scouting Reports
Using the table below, browse NFL Draft scouting profiles for hundreds of draft prospects so you can get a head start on the 2024 NFL Draft.
Don’t forget to check out our Mock Draft Simulator, where you can take control of your favorite NFL team and build its roster for the future!
You can sort the table below by player, team, or position. For mobile users, this table is best viewed in landscape mode.