Ladies and gentlemen, it is time for another NFL Sunday. This means that we need to set our starting fantasy football lineups for Week 8 and there is a lot to sort through as we come up on kickoff.
What does the latest news and information mean for fantasy? Should you be looking to start players like Kyle Pitts, Taysom Hill, and Trey McBride? Let’s find out here in the PFN Consensus Week 8 TE rankings.
Which TE Should You Start in Fantasy Football?
MORE Consensus Rankings: QB | RB | WR | DST | K
1) Travis Kelce | KC (at DEN)
2) Mark Andrews | BAL (at ARI)
3) T.J. Hockenson | MIN (at GB)
4) Sam LaPorta | DET (vs. LV)
5) George Kittle | SF (vs. CIN)
6) Evan Engram | JAX (at PIT)
7) Dallas Goedert | PHI (at WAS)
8) Darren Waller | NYG (vs. NYJ)
9) Dalton Schultz | HOU (at CAR)
10) Kyle Pitts | ATL (at TEN)
11) Dalton Kincaid | BUF (vs. TB)
12) Logan Thomas | WAS (vs. PHI)
13) Jake Ferguson | DAL (vs. LAR)
14) Taysom Hill | NO (at IND)
15) Trey McBride | ARI (vs. BAL)
16) Michael Mayer | LV (at DET)
17) Jonnu Smith | ATL (at TEN)
18) Gerald Everett | LAC (vs. CHI)
19) Luke Musgrave | GB (vs. MIN)
20) Cole Kmet | CHI (at LAC)
21) David Njoku | CLE (at SEA)
22) Hunter Henry | NE (at MIA)
23) Tyler Higbee | LAR (at DAL)
24) Tyler Conklin | NYJ (at NYG)
25) Chigoziem Okonkwo | TEN (vs. ATL)
26) Cade Otton | TB (at BUF)
27) Dawson Knox | BUF (vs. TB)
28) Irv Smith Jr. | CIN (at SF)
29) Donald Parham Jr. | LAC (vs. CHI)
30) Mike Gesicki | NE (at MIA)
31) Noah Fant | SEA (vs. CLE)
32) Juwan Johnson | NO (at IND)
33) Hayden Hurst | CAR (vs. HOU)
34) Durham Smythe | MIA (vs. NE)
35) Adam Trautman | DEN (vs. KC)
36) Noah Gray | KC (at DEN)
37) Will Dissly | SEA (vs. CLE)
38) Colby Parkinson | SEA (vs. CLE)
39) Andrew Ogletree | IND (vs. NO)
40) Connor Heyward | PIT (vs. JAX)
41) Foster Moreau | NO (at IND)
42) Tucker Kraft | GB (vs. MIN)
43) Josiah Deguara | GB (vs. MIN)
44) Austin Hooper | LV (at DET)
45) Josh Oliver | MIN (at GB)
The Top TEs To Start in Week 8
Jake Ferguson, TE, Dallas Cowboys (vs. LAR)
Analysis by Jason Katz | It remains rough out there at the tight end position. Jake Ferguson has garnered just four total targets in his last two games.
But the Cowboys are coming off the bye with an extra week to prepare for the Los Angeles Rams. How have the Rams been beaten all season? The tight end.
MORE: Fantasy News Tracker
This season, only the Texans have surrendered a higher percentage of their receiving yards allowed to the tight end position than the Rams’ 28.3%. They are allowing the eighth-most points per game to TEs.
Ferguson may have done a whole lot of nothing against the Los Angeles Chargers, but he played 86% of the snaps. He’s out there, and he’s running routes. The Rams are vulnerable against the TE, so Ferguson is a nice start this week.
Darren Waller, TE, New York Giants
With Daniel Jones watching from the sideline, Tyrod Taylor has stepped in and captained this New York Giants offense well. It’s especially encouraging for fantasy managers to see that he’s working Darren Waller heavily into the passing game and making him a featured weapon.
Over the last three games, Waller has finished as a top-15 TE, and that doesn’t look to be slowing down anytime soon with his 26 targets over that time frame. Assuming that he’s at full strength and ready to roll, fire him up against the New York Jets with confidence.
Looking to make a trade in your fantasy league? Having trouble deciding who to start and who to sit? Setting DFS lineups? Check out PFN’s Free Fantasy Football Trade Analyzer, Start/Sit Optimizer, and DFS Lineup Optimizer to help you make the right decision!
Listen to the PFN Fantasy Podcast
Listen to the PFN Fantasy Podcast! Click the embedded player below to listen, or you can find the PFN Fantasy Podcast on iTunes, Spotify, and all major podcast platforms. Be sure to subscribe and leave us a five-star review! Rather watch instead? Check out the PFN Fantasy Podcast on our Fantasy YouTube channel.