Week 8 isn’t even officially over yet, but that’s not going to stop us from looking ahead to help you prepare to dominate your next fantasy football matchup!
Who should you be looking to start this week at the TE position with four teams on a bye? Do you need to start players like Dalton Schultz, Logan Thomas, and David Njoku? Let’s find out!
Which TE Should You Start in Fantasy Football?
1) Travis Kelce | KC (vs. MIA)
2) T.J. Hockenson | MIN (at ATL)
3) Mark Andrews | BAL (vs. SEA)
4) Dallas Goedert | PHI (vs. DAL)
5) Dalton Kincaid | BUF (at CIN)
6) Jake Ferguson | DAL (at PHI)
7) Darren Waller | NYG (at LV)
8) Dalton Schultz | HOU (vs. TB)
9) Kyle Pitts | ATL (vs. MIN)
10) Logan Thomas | WAS (at NE)
11) Trey McBride | ARI (at CLE)
12) Gerald Everett | LAC (at NYJ)
13) Luke Musgrave | GB (vs. LAR)
14) Michael Mayer | LV (vs. NYG)
15) Taysom Hill | NO (vs. CHI)
MORE: Week 9 Rankings — QB | RB | WR | K | DST
16) Jonnu Smith | ATL (vs. MIN)
17) Cole Kmet | CHI (at NO)
18) David Njoku | CLE (vs. ARI)
19) Hunter Henry | NE (vs. WAS)
20) Tyler Higbee | LAR (at GB)
21) Tyler Conklin | NYJ (vs. LAC)
22) Cade Otton | TB (at HOU)
23) Chigoziem Okonkwo | TEN (at PIT)
24) Mike Gesicki | NE (vs. WAS)
25) Juwan Johnson | NO (vs. CHI)
26) Donald Parham Jr. | LAC (at NYJ)
27) Irv Smith Jr. | CIN (vs. BUF)
28) Noah Fant | SEA (at BAL)
29) Durham Smythe | MIA (at KC)
30) Hayden Hurst | CAR (vs. IND)
Top TEs To Start in Week 9
Dalton Kincaid, TE, Buffalo Bills
Fantasy managers that drafted Dalton Kincaid — and held onto him this entire time — finally got what they were hoping for with a breakout performance from the rookie TE in Week 8.
Moving forward, due to his talent level and the offense that he plays in, Kincaid needs to be in your starting lineups until Dawson Knox returns. We still don’t know what the split will look like when Knox does make it back onto the field, but that’s a conversation for a later time.
In the meantime, fire Kincaid up as a top-five option this week in a high-scoring affair against the Cincinnati Bengals.
Logan Thomas, TE, Washington Commanders
Aside from a Week 6 dud performance, Logan Thomas has been fantastic for fantasy managers here recently. If you remove that game against Atlanta — where he saw just one target — Thomas has averaged eight targets per contest over the last month.
At the TE position, you’re chasing volume, and Thomas has it. If you got burned by him in Week 6, you need to throw that out the window and plug him right back into your starting lineup in Week 9 against the New England Patriots.
Looking to make a trade in your fantasy league? Having trouble deciding who to start and who to sit? Setting DFS lineups? Check out PFN’s Free Fantasy Football Trade Analyzer, Start/Sit Optimizer, and DFS Lineup Optimizer to help you make the right decision!
Listen to the PFN Fantasy Podcast
Listen to the PFN Fantasy Podcast! Click the embedded player below to listen, or you can find the PFN Fantasy Podcast on iTunes, Spotify, and all major podcast platforms. Be sure to subscribe and leave us a five-star review! Rather watch instead? Check out the PFN Fantasy Podcast on our Fantasy YouTube channel.