Ladies and gentlemen, it is time for another NFL Sunday. This means that we need to set our starting fantasy football lineups for Week 8 and there is a lot to sort through as we come up on kickoff.
What does the latest news and information mean for fantasy? Should you be looking to start players like Dak Prescott, Kirk Cousins, and Matthew Stafford? Let’s find out here in the PFN Consensus Week 8 QB rankings.
Which QB Should You Start in Fantasy Football?
MORE Consensus Rankings: RB | WR | TE | DST | K
1) Patrick Mahomes | KC (at DEN)
2) Jalen Hurts | PHI (at WAS)
3) Josh Allen | BUF (vs. TB)
4) Lamar Jackson | BAL (at ARI)
5) Justin Herbert | LAC (vs. CHI)
6) Tua Tagovailoa | MIA (vs. NE)
7) Jared Goff | DET (vs. LV)
8) C.J. Stroud | HOU (at CAR)
9) Trevor Lawrence | JAX (at PIT)
10) Joe Burrow | CIN (at SF)
11) Kirk Cousins | MIN (at GB)
12) Jordan Love | GB (vs. MIN)
13) Russell Wilson | DEN (vs. KC)
14) Brock Purdy | SF (vs. CIN)
15) Sam Howell | WAS (vs. PHI)
16) Matthew Stafford | LAR (at DAL)
17) Dak Prescott | DAL (vs. LAR)
18) Bryce Young | CAR (vs. HOU)
19) Desmond Ridder | ATL (at TEN)
20) Gardner Minshew II | IND (vs. NO)
21) Geno Smith | SEA (vs. CLE)
22) Derek Carr | NO (at IND)
23) Baker Mayfield | TB (at BUF)
24) Kenny Pickett | PIT (vs. JAX)
25) Jimmy Garoppolo | LV (at DET)
26) Tyrod Taylor | NYG (vs. NYJ)
27) Joshua Dobbs | ARI (vs. BAL)
28) Mac Jones | NE (at MIA)
29) Zach Wilson | NYJ (at NYG)
30) Tyson Bagent | CHI (at LAC)
31) Will Levis | TEN (vs. ATL)
32) PJ Walker | CLE (at SEA)
33) Sam Darnold | SF (vs. CIN)
34) Malik Willis | TEN (vs. ATL)
35) Aidan O’Connell | LV (at DET)
The Top QBs To Start in Week 8
Jared Goff, QB, Detroit Lions (vs. LV)
Analysis by Jason Katz | Last week, Jared Goff had his worst performance of the season. He threw for 280 yards but failed to throw a touchdown for the first time all season. He scored just 10.2 fantasy points.
Fantasy managers who roster Goff need not concern themselves with any of that, though. Last week was “Road Goff.” We won’t be seeing him this week. Instead, we get “Home Goff.”
MORE: Fantasy News Tracker
This season, “Road Goff” is averaging 17.5 fantasy points per game and a QB13 ranking. Meanwhile, “Home Goff” is averaging 23.5 ppg and is the overall QB1. Yes, you read that right. “Home Goff” has been the best quarterback in fantasy.
The Las Vegas Raiders have been a run-funnel defense, but that shouldn’t deter you from starting Goff. Coming off their worst loss of the season, the Lions should bounce back at home.
Even if they move the ball mostly on the ground, there should be plenty of opportunities for Goff to throw touchdowns. “Home Goff” has thrown at least two in 14 of his last 16 starts. Fire him up as a mid-level QB1.
Tua Tagovailoa, QB, Miami Dolphins
Analysis by Kyle Soppe | It might surprise you that Tagovailoa has more finishes as QB12 or worse than he does QB11 or better this season, but I promise you that’s a fact. To blame is his limited volume through the air with no projectable production on the ground. He hasn’t thrown more than 35 passes in a game since Week 1; he’s currently averaging 30.7 attempts per game over that stretch.
Of course, not all volume is created equal. The playmakers at Tagovailoa’s disposal elevate the potential of every completion, and with a 71.2% completion percentage this season, he has proven he’s plenty capable of effectively getting the ball in the hands of his elite talent.
You’re starting Tagovailoa every single week, but I wouldn’t be opposed to moving on from him following his next big performance. In Weeks 15-17, he’s taking on the New York Jets, Dallas Cowboys, and the Baltimore Ravens.
Looking to make a trade in your fantasy league? Having trouble deciding who to start and who to sit? Setting DFS lineups? Check out PFN’s Free Fantasy Football Trade Analyzer, Start/Sit Optimizer, and DFS Lineup Optimizer to help you make the right decision!
Listen to the PFN Fantasy Podcast
Listen to the PFN Fantasy Podcast! Click the embedded player below to listen, or you can find the PFN Fantasy Podcast on iTunes, Spotify, and all major podcast platforms. Be sure to subscribe and leave us a five-star review! Rather watch instead? Check out the PFN Fantasy Podcast on our Fantasy YouTube channel.