The Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Buffalo Bills meet on Thursday night in a big game for both teams. The Bucs won the first two games of the season but have dropped three of the last four. The Bills are coming off a stunning loss to the New England Patriots and are still a game behind the Miami Dolphins in the AFC East.
The Bills responded to a Week 1 loss to the New York Jets with three straight wins and at least 37 points in each game. Buffalo then went on to lose two of the next three and has averaged less than 20 points per game during this stretch.
Kickoff is at 8:15 p.m. ET, and the game can be seen on Amazon Prime.
Let’s take a look at tonight’s NFL inactives, the latest injury report, and starting lineups for both teams.
From the current NFL standings to team depth charts to coverage of every game in the 18-week NFL schedule, we have all the news from around the league to keep you up to speed.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs. Buffalo Bills Inactives
Buccaneers Designated as Out
- OG Matt Feiler
- S Kaevon Merriweather
- DE Patrick O’Connor
- RB Sean Tucker
- DT Vita Vea
- LB Markees Watts
- TE David Wells
Bills Designated as Out
- OT Alec Anderson
- CB Kaiir Elam
- S Damar Hamlin
- OG Germain Ifedi
- TE Quintin Morris
- LB Baylon Spector
Latest Injury Report News and Updates
Tampa Bay HC Todd Bowles said NT Vita Vea will be a game-time decision with a groin injury. Vea currently leads the team with 3.5 sacks and has started all six games. Bowles also expects WR Chris Godwin, who is dealing with a neck injury, to play even though he is listed as questionable. Godwin and QB Baker Mayfield, who is listed as questionable with a knee injury, were both full participants in practice on Wednesday.
The Buccaneers will be without starting OG Matt Feiler, who is out with a knee injury and will miss his first game of the season. Backup S Kaevon Merriweather will also not play against the Bills because of an ankle injury.
MORE: NFL Injuries Week 8 — Tracking Every Injury
Buffalo will be without starting TE Dawson Knox, who is suffering from a wrist injury. The Bills will look to first-round pick Dalton Kincaid to replace Knox in the starting lineup. Third-string TE Quintin Morris was ruled out with an ankle injury, so all tight end reps will go to the rookie.
Bills DT Ed Oliver is listed as questionable with an injured toe after being a limited participant in practice all week. The team has placed three starters on injured reserve over the last month — LB Matt Milano, CB Tre’Davious White, and DT DaQuan Jones will be out for the season.
What Are the Starting Lineups for Each Team?
Buccaneers Projected Starters
The projected starting lineup is based on the current Buccaneers depth chart.
- Quarterback: Baker Mayfield
- Running Back: Rachaad White
- Wide Receiver: Mike Evans, Chris Godwin, Trey Palmer
- Tight End: Cade Otton
- Left Offensive Tackle: Tristan Wirfs
- Left Offensive Guard: Aaron Stinnie
- Center: Robert Hainsey
- Right Offensive Guard: Cody Mauch
- Right Offensive Tackle: Luke Goedeke
- Defensive Tackle: Logan Hall
- Nose Tackle: Vita Vea
- Defensive End: Calijah Kancey
- Right Outside Linebacker: Shaquil Barrett
- Right Inside Linebacker: Lavonte David
- Left Inside Linebacker: Devin White
- Left Outside Linebacker: Joe Tryon-Shoyinka
- Left Cornerback: James Dean
- Right Cornerback: Carlton Davis III
- Free Safety: Antoine Winfield Jr.
- Strong Safety: Ryan Neal
- Kicker: Chase McLaughlin
- Punter: Jake Camarda
- Long Snapper: Zach Triner
- Punt Returner: Deven Thompkins
- Kickoff Returner: Deven Thompkins
Bills Projected Starters
The projected starting lineup is based on the current Bills depth chart.
- Quarterback: Josh Allen
- Running Back: James Cook
- Fullback: Reggie Gilliam
- Wide Receiver: Stefon Diggs, Gabe Davis
- Tight End: Dalton Kincaid
- Left Offensive Tackle: Dion Dawkins
- Left Offensive Guard: Connor McGovern
- Center: Mitch Morse
- Right Offensive Guard: O’Cyrus Torrence
- Right Offensive Tackle: Spencer Brown
- Left Defensive End: Greg Rousseau
- Left Defensive Tackle: Tim Settle
- Right Defensive End: Von Miller
- Right Defensive Tackle: Ed Oliver
- Strongside Linebacker: Terrel Bernard
- Middle Linebacker: Dorian Williams
- Weakside Linebacker: Tyler Matakevich
- Left Cornerback: Taron Johnson
- Right Cornerback: Christian Benford
- Free Safety: Micah Hyde
- Strong Safety: Jordan Poyer
- Kicker: Tyler Bass
- Punter: Sam Martin
- Long Snapper: Reid Ferguson
- Punt Returner: Deonte Harty
- Kickoff Returner: Deonte Harty