We start Week 7 with the San Francisco 49ers visiting the Minnesota Vikings on Monday Night Football. Both teams are coming into the game with several injury concerns.
The 49ers are no longer undefeated after a trip to Cleveland and a shocking Browns win. Not only did San Francisco head home with a loss, but they also went home with several key players injured.
49ers RB Christian McCaffrey is listed as questionable after leaving last week’s game with an oblique injury. Head coach Kyle Shanahan described McCaffrey’s MRI results as encouraging earlier in the week.
San Francisco wide receiver Deebo Samuel will not play on Monday night after suffering a shoulder injury last week. The team is expecting Samuel to miss at least two games with a hairline fracture in his shoulder.
The Vikings have won two straight games after losing the first four. Minnesota defeated the Bears without All-Pro wide receiver Justin Jefferson, who will miss at least three more games with a hamstring injury.
Let’s look at tonight’s NFL inactives, the latest injury report, and starting lineups for both teams.
From the current NFL standings to team depth charts to coverage of every game in the 18-week NFL schedule, we have all the news from around the league to keep you up to speed!
Who Are the Inactives Tonight?
San Francisco 49ers Designated as Out
- QB Brandon Allen
- DT Kalia Davis
- RB Tyrion Davis-Price
- LB Jalen Graham
- WR Deebo Samuel
- OT Trent Williams
- TE Brayden Willis
Minnesota Vikings Designated as Out
- OT Hakeem Adeniji
- LB Andre Carter
- S Lewis Cine
- OG Ezra Cleveland
- TE Nick Muse
- CB NaJee Thompson
Latest Injury Report News and Updates
The 49ers will also likely be without offensive tackle Trent Williams with an ankle injury; the 10-time Pro Bowler is listed as doubtful for Monday night. Starting guard Aaron Banks appears on pace to play after being a full practice participant and not receiving an injury designation after missing practice earlier in the week with an ankle injury.
San Francisco starting linebacker Dre Greenlaw is dealing with a hamstring and is listed as questionable.
MORE: NFL Prime-Time Games 2023
Vikings guard Ezra Cleveland, who had started the last 45 straight games, will not play on Monday after suffering a foot injury. Former Denver Broncos lineman Dalton Risner, who has 62 career starts, will replace Cleveland.
Minnesota activated running back Kene Nwangwu, who has been out with a back injury, from injured reserve this week. Nwangwu returned three kickoffs for touchdowns in his career and was named a second-team All-Pro kick returner last season.
The Vikings have another injury issue on defense, with starting cornerback Akayleb Evans listed as questionable with an oblique injury. Starting linebacker Marcus Davenport was placed on injured reserve with an ankle injury.
Minnesota designated Jalen Nailor, who has been out with an injured hamstring, to return from injured reserve. The team has three weeks to activate the second-year wide receiver on the 53-man roster. Nailor had limited practice participation this week and is listed as questionable on the injury report.
What Are the Starting Lineups for Each Team?
49ers Projected Starters
The projected starting lineup is based on the current 49ers depth chart.
- Quarterback: Brock Purdy
- Running Back: Christian McCaffrey
- Fullback: Kyle Juszczyk
- Wide Receiver: Brandon Aiyuk, Jauan Jennings
- Tight End: George Kittle
- Left Offensive Tackle: Trent Williams
- Left Offensive Guard: Aaron Banks
- Center: Jake Brendel
- Right Offensive Guard: Spencer Burford
- Right Offensive Tackle: Colton McKivitz
- Left Defensive End: Nick Bosa
- Left Defensive Tackle: Arik Armstead
- Right Defensive End: Drake Jackson
- Right Defensive Tackle: Javon Hargrave
- Strongside Linebacker: Oren Burks
- Middle Linebacker: Fred Warner
- Weakside Linebacker: Dre Greenlaw
- Left Cornerback: Charvarius Ward
- Right Cornerback: Deommodore Lenoir
- Free Safety: Tashaun Gipson Sr.
- Strong Safety: Talanoa Hufanga
- Kicker: Jake Moody
- Punter: Mitch Wishnowsky
- Long Snapper: Taybor Pepper
- Punt Returner: Ray-Ray McCloud III
- Kickoff Returner: Ray-Ray McCloud III
Vikings Projected Starters
The projected starting lineup is based on the current Vikings depth chart.
- Quarterback: Kirk Cousins
- Running Back: Alexander Mattison
- Fullback: C.J. Ham
- Wide Receiver: Jordan Addison, K.J. Osborn
- Tight End: T.J. Hockenson
- Left Offensive Tackle: Christian Darrisaw
- Left Offensive Guard: Dalton Risner
- Center: Garrett Bradbury
- Right Offensive Guard: Ed Ingram
- Right Offensive Tackle: Brian O’Neill
- Defensive End: Dean Lowry
- Defensive Tackle: Jonathan Bullard
- Nose Tackle: Harrison Phillips
- Right Outside Linebacker: D.J. Wonnum
- Right Inside Linebacker: Ivan Pace Jr.
- Left Inside Linebacker: Jordan Hicks
- Left Outside Linebacker: Danielle Hunter
- Left Cornerback: Byron Murphy Jr.
- Right Cornerback: Akayleb Evans
- Free Safety: Camryn Bynum
- Strong Safety: Harrison Smith
- Kicker: Greg Joseph
- Punter: Ryan Wright
- Long Snapper: Andrew DePaola
- Punt Returner: Brandon Powell
- Kickoff Returner: Ty Chandler